- 4 cups milk, any type will work
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, or honey
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped (or approx 2/3 cup chocolate chips)
- Optional: 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
In a saucepan over medium heat, bring the milk, cacao powder, and maple syrup to a simmer. Stir until there's no clumps. Add the finely chopped chocolate and whisk for about 3-5 minutes, or until the hot chocolate is smooth. Pour the hot chocolate into mugs, and if you'd like, top with whipped cream or one of our AMAZING marshmallows!